SAP Labs Interview Experience | Campus Placement Drive 2020 – Virtual
Round 1 (Online Test): Round 1 was an online test, on Sep 5th, 2020 in which we were given 10 MCQs and two coding questions. MCQ’s were mostly on Data Structures, OOPS in CPP and some predict the output questions, One question on (REST API), The total time including all sections was 60 minutes.
- Given a 2D binary matrix filled with 0’s and 1’s, find the largest square containing only 1’s and return its size (return N if it is NxN). Similar to https://leetcode.com/problems/maximal-square
- Given an array of integers nums and an integer threshold, we will choose a positive integer divisor and divide all the array by it and sum the result of the division. Find the smallest divisor such that the result mentioned above is less than or equal to the threshold. https://leetcode.com/problems/find-the-smallest-divisor-given-a-threshold
Pre-placement talk and round 1 results announced on Sep 10th, PPT took place from 8:30 am – 9:30 am, Results were announced at 9:30 AM, Interviews began from 10:00 am.
Round 2 (Technical Interview): This round was on HackerRank codepair, some asked questions:
- Introduce yourself.
- What are the technologies you are familiar with?
- Some questions on basic OOPS i.e class, object, and with some real-life examples.
- Why is Java so popular and heavily used?
- Difference between Java and other programming languages.
- Differences between JVM, JDK, and JRE.
- On the whiteboard gave a scenario and asked to design a class diagram for the shopping cart and connect classes with appropriate functions (one-one, one-many, many-many).
- Solve the following question in the hacker rank code pair editor. We are allowed to use any language Question: Given a list of triplets, return which type of triangle it forms from the triplets.
Input: [[1, 2, 3], [3, 3, 3], [4, 5, 5], [1, 1, 3]] Expected Output: “Scalene Triangle” “Equilateral Triangle” “Isosceles Triangle” “Triangle not possible”
Round 3 (Technical Interview): Time duration was 50 min. Some asked questions:
- Introduce yourself.
- Detailed discussion and in-depth questions on my projects which were mentioned in my resume.
- What is the cloud? Pros and Cons? Types of clouds? When to prefer which cloud?
- Some questions on security gave a scenario and asked me what all security aspects I need to take care of.
- Explain about Authentication, Confidentiality, and Integrity.
- Coding question: Asked to screen share and solve the question. Question: Find the second smallest element in the Binary Search Tree, expected optimised solution.
- Differences between `git pull` and `git fetch` commands.
- Differences between relational and non-relational databases, Pros, and cons to each type.
- Differences between NoSQL and SQL, pros and cons when to prefer what?
- MySQL and MongoDB, which can be scalable vertically and horizontally easily? And why not the other direction, not possible?
- Some questions on MongoDB. Why is Mongo DB powerful in the NoSQL database?
- What do you mean by the structural way of storing data in the database?
Round 4 (Managerial Round): Time duration was 45 min, casual discussion and here are some of the questions
- How was the day? How about my previous rounds? How many brothers and sisters do you have? Tell me something about your family.
- He gave me a scenario and asked to write a SQL query. Question: Given the Employee table with attributes.
- Question: Write a SQL query to find the number of employees who are alive after Jan 1st, 2020.
|Date of Birth||DATE|
|Date of Death||DATE|
- Aptitude question
- You brought a pen worth 100rs in the year 2000, every year the price of the pen is increased to 10% and decreased to 10 % in the latter year. (i.e 2001 10% increase, 2002 10% decrease….). Do you get the profit or loss in 2010?
- Why should I hire you?
- Why SAP?
- What kind of person you are?
- How do your friends behave with you?
Round 5 (HR round): Time duration was duration 45min
- Introduce yourself.
- Some discussion on my projects.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Do you always smile while talking? We had a discussion regarding laugh and smile for about 10 min.
- What is the most difficult challenge you faced so far?
- What is your final year project about? How many members does your team consist of? What is your role and contribution to the project?
- What are your hobbies, Interests?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 2 years and in 5 years?
- What is your aspiration?
- Are you able to relocate?
Final Result: Selected (Intern + FTE).