Java Apache POI Programs – Basic to Advanced
Apache POI is an open-source java library to create and manipulate various file formats based on Microsoft Office. Using POI, one should be able to perform create, modify and display/read operations on the following file formats. Apache POI provides stream-based processing, that is suitable for large files and requires less memory.
In Java Interviews, POI questions are generally asked by Interviewer So, it’s necessary to practice these questions in order to succeed in the Interview.
This article provides a variety of programs on Java POI, that are frequently asked in the technical round in various Software Engineering/core JAVA Developer Interviews. Additionally, All practice programs come with a detailed description, Java code, and output.
Java POI Word Programs for Practice: Complete List
- How to Create a Blank Word Document Using Java?
- Java Program to Write a Paragraph in a Word Document
- How to Apply Borders to the Text in a Word Document Using Java?
- Java Program to Add Tables to a Word Document
- How to Format the Text in a Word Document Using Java?
- Java Program to Align the Text in a Word document
Java POI Excel Programs for Practice: Complete List
- Java Program to Create Blank Excel Sheet
- How to Write Data into Excel Sheets Using Java?
- How to Create Different Types of Cells in a Spreadsheet Using Java?
- How to Apply Different Styles to a Cell in a Spreadsheet Using Java?
- How to Apply Fonts to the Contents of a Cell Using Java?
- How to Set Direction to the Text in Cell using Java?
- How to Create Hyperlinks in Spreadsheet using Java?
- How to Set the Print Area of a Spreadsheet Using Java?
- Java Program to Insert Data from a Database to a Spread Sheet
Java POI PPT Programs for Practice: Complete List
- Java Program to Create a Blank PPT Document
- Adding Images to a Slide in a PPT using Java
- Creating Hyperlinks on a Slide in a PPT using Java
- Formatting Text on a Slide in a PPT using Java
- Merging Multiple PPTs using Java
- Converting the Slides of a PPT into Images using Java
In Conclusion, By practising these Java POI Word , Excel , ppt questions you will get enough confidence to face any Java POI related questions in your upcoming Interview.
Also, feel free to check out our Java interview questions collection – it could come in handy!
Java Apache POI Programs – FAQs
1. What can I use instead of Apache POI in Java?
FastExcel is an alternative to the Apache POI library. FastExcel supports a limited set of features – it focuses on speed and memory reduction. In Fast Excel, each worksheet in the workbook can be generated by a different thread, while fully supporting shared strings and styles.
2. Why we use Apache POI in Java?
Apache POI provides stream-based processing, that is suitable for large files and requires less memory. Apache POI is able to handle both XLS and XLSX formats of spreadsheets.
3. What is the best library for Excel in Java?
Apache POI is a widely used Java Excel library. If you are automating a Financial Application, then all the financial calculations can be handled by retrieving data from formulated Excel Cells instead of writing a complex automation utility
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...