Recently, SAP Labs India visited our campus for internship as well as for Full time hiring
The process for internship was :
- 1 Online test comprising of 5 sections:
(Quant , Verbal , Debug (2 coding qs in C had to be debugged), Coding (2 qs ) & Java – Guess the output type questions)
- 2 Technical Rounds
- 1 HR Round: After each round they eliminated few students
Branches allowed were T.Y.BTech CS & T.Y.BTech IT.
Overall 120+ students appeared for online test and out of which they shortlisted only 9 students for interviews.
F2F (1hr – 1:15) – 2 interviewers
It started off with normal HR questions
Tell me about yourself ?
- Diff between interpreted vs compiled languages?
- What is Hoisting in JS ?
- What is Closure in JS ?
- Call vs Apply ?
- Brief discussion on “This” keyword
- How is OOPS implemented in JS ? How is it diff then other languages?
- Multiple vs Multilevel inheritance , Which one is supported by JS ?
- Promises vs Callbacks vs Async ?
- How to catch all undefined variables in JS ?
- Types of Exceptions in JS ?
- Explain MVC model with example
- Wrote few codes in JS and asked output of each of them
Then they shifted to Database :
- Draw database diagram for implementing Notifications – one to one
- How to extend it to support – Broadcast Notifications
- Few SQL queries related to it.
They ended the interview by asking few HR/Managerial qs
- Why SAP ?
- What if we reject you?
- What if we assign you a project which is not of your interest ?
- What if we your team members don’t contribute much to the project?
They elminated 4 ppl after round 1
F2F (1hr – 1:15) – Single interviewer
This was with a very Senior guy from SAP, he directly jumped to qs
Since my previous internship was on Android, he asked few qs
- How multi-threading is achieved in Android ? How is it different than Java ?
- What is Async task ? preExecute(), postExecute() is called in Main thread or background thread?
- Activity lifecycle ?
- Fragment Lifecycle ?
- Activity vs Fragments ?
- How GCM push notifications works?
- How OAuth works ?
- SQLite DB vs SharedPreferences? When to use which Android app Architecture ? MVP , MVC?
They eliminated 1 guy after this round
HR Round (15-20 mins)
Normal HR Qs ->
- Tell me about yourself?
- Weakness ?
- Why SAP ?
- Hobbies ?
- Willing to relocate to Bangalore ?
Finally, they selected 4 students for Internship!!
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using write.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!