SAP Labs visited our campus last week to offer 6 months internship. Below is my experience of the process.
Round 1 (Online Test): The first round was conducted on HackerRank platform and comprised of 10 MCQs and 2 coding questions. The test duration was 1 hr.
The coding questions were as follows:
- Write a program to find the sum of all sub-arrays of a given integer array.
- Write a program to print all the sub-sequences of a string in ascending order.
Both the coding questions expected optimised solution (brute force wouldn’t work). The MCQs were mainly based on the CS subjects (OOPs, DBMS, OS, Networking, etc) and were of moderate difficulty.
Around 300 students appeared for the test and 14 were shortlisted for the next rounds.
Round 2 (Technical+Coding Interview): This was conducted on the Codepair platform on HackerRank and the interviewer was in face-time with me. There were 3 questions to be coded.
- Given an array of non-negative integers, shift all the 0s to the end of the array in O(n) time complexity.
- Implement function overriding considering a real-life scenario.
- Delete all the repetitive occurrences of an integer in a linked list of integers.
I had to code and show him the output while explaining the logic and complexities. Then, he further asked a few questions on OOPs and Databases and we were done in less than an hour.
5 of us were selected for the next round.
Round 3 (Technical Interview): The interview began with my introduction. The interviewer was very friendly and asked me a few questions about myself, my hobbies, etc.
Then he started with the technical questions. Some of them were:
- How would I design a search engine from scratch?
- Explain the concept of Object-Oriented Programming in layman language.
- Explain the concept of classes and objects by taking the example of a room!
- Advantages of linked list over arrays by taking real-world examples.
- What is a database and its use in real software?
- Explain joins and their different types.
- What are the triggers?
- Write a program to reverse a string.
- Breadth-First Search in a graph( I was supposed to discuss the algorithm)
Then he turned to my resume and we had a long discussion on my projects and the technologies that I had used. He also asked me basic questions on Django and File Handling since I mentioned then in my resume. (Suggestion: Be very thorough with your resume!)
At last, he asked me if I had anything to ask and I did ask him a question. The duration was about 1 hr, and they selected 3 students for the HR round.
Round 4 (HR Interview): This was the easiest of all rounds. The HR started by introducing herself and then asked for my introduction. She then went on details like my hobbies, how would I handle a critical sample situation, my strengths, my weaknesses, etc.
Other questions were:
- Tell me about your family.
- Which project of yours did you find the most challenging and why?
- How would you rate yourself as a coder on a scale of 1 to 5.
- What do you do when you are stuck at a point in the middle of a task?
- What are your achievements?
- Why do you want to join SAP?
- How much do you know about us?
At last, she asked me if I had any questions.
(Suggestion: Be confident and fluent in whatever you say)
The final results came out after 2 days and I, along with 1 other student, was offered the internship!
- SAP Labs Interview Experience | Set 30 (On Campus for Scholar@SAP Program)
- SAP Labs Interview Experience for Scholar@SAP Program
- SAP Labs Interview Experience | Set 20 (For Internship)
- SAP Labs, India Internship Interview Experience (On Campus)
- SAP Labs Interview Experience | Set 28 (On-Campus Internship)
- SAP Labs Interview Experience for Internship
- SAP Labs Interview Experience | Set 34 (On-Campus for Internship)
- SAP Labs Interview Experience for 2 Months Internship
- SAP Labs Interview Experience | Set 36 (For 2 Months Internship)
- SAP Labs India (Full time+internship) interview experience
- SAP labs Interview Experience(6 months internship)
- SAP Labs Interview Experience | For 2 Months Internship
- SAP Labs Internship Interview Experience | August 2019 (On-Campus)
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- SAP Labs Interview Experience | Set 1 (On-Campus)
- SAP Labs Interview Experience | Set 1B (For Developer Associate)
- SAP Labs Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.