HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language. It is used to design web pages using a markup language. HTML is the combination of Hypertext and Markup language. Hypertext defines the link between the web pages. A markup language is used to define the text document within tag which defines the structure of web pages.
HTML is a markup language that is used by the browser to manipulate text, images, and other content to display in the required format.
Why to use HTML ?
HTML helps to structure our website well. The way a skeleton system gives a structure to the human body in a similar manner HTML acts as a skeleton for a website, without it a website cannot be made. If you want to work as a Software Developer especially in the Web Development domain, then learning HTML is a must, because without knowledge of it you cannot build a website.
- Base for creating websites: HTML is the basic necessity a developer should know while building a website from scratch.
- Learn web development: HTML is the first step towards learning Web Development. Once you learn HTML, you can build simple, static websites very easily.
- Can become freelancer: Since web development has the best scope in freelancing, therefore learning HTML will surely help you to get the best deals of website development in the market.
Basic Format: It is the basic format of create a simple web page.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <!-- Head section of website--> <title></title> </head> <body> <!-- Body section of website --> </body> </html>
Example: Let’s see a small example of simple HTML page that display the heading and paragraph content.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Simple HTML Page</title> </head> <body> <h1>Welcome to GeeksforGeeks</h1> <p>A computer science portal for geeks</p> </body> </html>
Learn more about HTML:
- HTML Introduction
- HTML5 Introduction
- HTML Course | Structure of HTML Document
- Learn to Design your First Website in Just 1 Week
- Most commonly used HTML tags
- HTML Form Design
- Simple Portfolio Website Design using HTML
- Design a Portfolio Gallery
- Programming For Beginners: 10 Best HTML Coding Practices You Must Know
- Design a web page
- HTML Tags Complete Reference
- HTML Attributes Complete Reference
- HTML DOM Complete Reference
- HTML DOM Audio/Video Complete Reference
- HTML5 Complete Reference
- HTML5 MathML Complete Reference
- HTML Questions Complete Reference
HTML Practice Quiz:
Online Course | Web Design for Beginners | HTML: A beginner-level course for the curious Geek inside you! Here you will be learning all that there is to know about Web designing through HTML from scratch!
HTML Examples: Please go through this link to see the wide collection of HTML programming examples. The examples are categorized based on the topics including hyperlinks, forms, tables, frames, and many more.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.