Most people are confused and understand it’s a framework or a programing language. We often use Node.js for building back-end services like APIs, Web App, or Mobile App. It’s utilized in production by large companies like Paypal, Uber, Netflix, Walmart, etc.
Why to learn NodeJS?
To install NOdeJS we have separate articles for Linux and windows please go through the required process.
Features of NodeJS:
- Real time web apps: Today the web has become much more about interaction. Users want to interact with each other in real-time. Chat, gaming, constant social media updates, collaboration tools, eCommerce websites, real-time tracking apps, marketplace- each of these features requires real-time communication between users, clients, and servers across the web.
- Fast Suite: As we have discussed that NodeJS is highly scalable and lightweight that’s why it’s a heavy favorite for microservice architectures. In a nutshell, microservice architectures mean breaking down the application into isolated and independent services.
- Data Streaming: NodeJS comes to the rescue since it’s good at handling such an I/O process which allows users to transcode media files simultaneously while they are being uploaded. It takes less time compared to other data processing methods for processing data.
- Corporate Support: It’s an independent community aimed at facilitating the development of NodeJS core tools. The foundation of NodeJS was formed to speed up the development of NodeJS, and it was intended to allow broad adoption of it.
// Node.js program to display some // text on console screen // Accessing console module const console = require('console'); // Calling console.info() method console.info("Welcome to GeeksforGeeks");
Steps to Run: First, Download and Install in your system and then use the following command to run your code.
Output: The output will dispaly on console screen.
Welcome to GeeksforGeeks
Learn more about NodeJS:
- Introduction to NodeJS
- Node.js NPM (Node Package Manager)
- Why Node.js?
- Essence of Node.js
- How to read command line arguments in Node.js?
- How to install the previous version of node.js and npm?
Recent Articles on Node.js
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or if you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.