The <a> tag in HTML is used to create a hyper-link on the webpage. This hyper-link is used to link the webpage to other webpages.
<a href = "link"> Link Name <a>
Attribute values : The anchor tag contains many attributes which are listed below:
- charset: This attribute is used to specifies the character-set. It is not supported by HTML 5.
- download: It is used to specify the target link to download when user click.
- hreflang: It is used to specify the language of linked document.
- media: It is used to specify the linked media.
- coords: It is used to specify the coordinate of links.
- name: It is used to specify the anchor name.
- rel: It is used to specify the relation between current document and linked document.
- shape: It is used to specify the shape of link.
- type: It is used to specify the type of links.
- target: It specify the target link.
- rev: It is used to specify the relation between linked document and current document.
Welcome to GeeksforGeeks
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by <a> tag ate listed below:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.