HTML text editors are used to create and modify web pages. HTML codes can be written in any text editors including the notepad. One just needs to write HTML in any text editor and save the file with an extension “.html”. Some of the popular HTML text editors are given below:
- Sublime Text 3
- GeeksforGeeks IDE
Notepad: Notepad is a simple text editor. It is an inbuilt desktop application available in Windows OS.
Sublime Text 3: Sublime is a cross platform code editor tool. It supports all markup languages.
Atom: Atom is an open source code editor tool for MAC, Linux and Windows.
Steps to write HTML code in Editor:
- Open any of the text editors of your choice. Here we are using the notepad text editor.
- Create new file: File->New File or Ctrl+N.
- Write HTML code in text editor.
- Save the file with a suitable name of your choice and .html extension.
- Open the saved HTML file in your favourite browser (double click on the file, or right-click – and choose “Open with”).
GeeksforGeeks IDE: It is an online code editor to test the code. It provides the shareable link to share code with others.
- Different Python IDEs and Code Editors
- HTML | <html> Tag
- HTML Course | Structure of an HTML Document
- HTML Course | Basics of HTML
- HTML | DOM HTML Object
- HTML | <html> xmlns Attribute
- What is the difference between <html lang="en'> and <html lang="en-US'> ?
- Inline HTML Helper - HTML Helpers in ASP.NET MVC
- Web technologies | HTML and XML | Question 1
- HTML | scoped Attribute
- HTML | DOM lang Property
- HTML | <section> Tag
- HTML | DOM Style backgroundClip Property
- HTML | DOM Style borderTop Property
- Web technologies Questions | HTML Course | Practice Quiz 2 | Question 1
- Web technologies Questions | HTML Course | Practice Quiz 2 | Question 7
- Web technologies Questions | HTML Course | Practice Quiz 2 | Question 8
- Web technologies Questions | HTML Course | Practice Quiz 2 | Question 9
- HTML | <th> valign Attribute
- HTML | <col> align Attribute
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.