To insert a file in a web page its source must be known. For example, the syntax (<img src=” ” alt=” “>) is used to insert an image file, where the path of the file is mentioned in the source (src).
File paths are of two types:
- Absolute File Paths
- Relative File Paths
Absolute File Paths: It describes the full address(URL) to access an internet file.
<img src=”https://media.geeksforgeeks.org/wp-content/uploads/geek.png” alt=”My Image”>
Relative File Path: It describes the path of the file relative to the location of the current web page file.
Example 1: It shows the path of the file present in the same folder of the current web page file.
Example 2: It shows the path of the file present in a folder above the folder of the current web page file. The image file present in a folder called images and current web page file exists inside a sub folder, then the code will be as follows:
Example 3: It shows the path of the file present in a folder which is located at the root of the current sub directories.
- How to get file input by selected file name without path using jQuery ?
- How to reset selected file with input tag file type in Angular 9?
- Mathematics | Walks, Trails, Paths, Cycles and Circuits in Graph
- Johnson’s algorithm for All-pairs shortest paths | Implementation
- HTML | <input type="file">
- How to make PDF file downloadable in HTML link using PHP ?
- How to set a value to an input file using HTML ?
- How to fetch data from JSON file and display in HTML table using jQuery ?
- How to send data of HTML form directly to JSON file?
- How to append data in JSON file through HTML form using PHP ?
- Reading and Writing data to excel file using Apache POI
- File uploading in Node.js
- PHP | Uploading File
- How to log errors and warnings into a file in php?
- How to move a file into a different folder on the server using PHP?
- How to refresh a file in Node.js ?
- Convert byte array to File using Java
- How to include one CSS file in another?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Akanksha_Rai