To insert a file in a web page its source must be known. For example, the syntax (<img src=” ” alt=” “>) is used to insert an image file, where the path of the file is mentioned in the source (src).
File paths are of two types:
- Absolute File Paths
- Relative File Paths
Absolute File Paths: It describes the full address(URL) to access an internet file.
<img src=”https://media.geeksforgeeks.org/wp-content/uploads/geek.png” alt=”My Image”>
Relative File Path: It describes the path of the file relative to the location of the current web page file.
Example 1: It shows the path of the file present in the same folder of the current web page file.
Example 2: It shows the path of the file present in a folder above the folder of the current web page file. The image file present in a folder called images and current web page file exists inside a sub folder, then the code will be as follows:
Example 3: It shows the path of the file present in a folder which is located at the root of the current sub directories.
- How to set a value to an input file using HTML ?
- HTML | <input type="file">
- How to make PDF file downloadable in HTML link using PHP ?
- How to get file input by selected file name without path using jQuery ?
- Johnson’s algorithm for All-pairs shortest paths | Implementation
- Mathematics | Walks, Trails, Paths, Cycles and Circuits in Graph
- How to delete a file using PHP ?
- Download file from URL using PHP
- PHP | php.ini File Configuration
- How to include one CSS file in another?
- PHP | Uploading File
- What is .tpl file in PHP web design?
- How to convert XML file into array in PHP?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Akanksha_Rai