Nowadays, in this new era of Internet everything is being performed online. Whether it be bill payments, shopping, studying etc. everything is being handled and conducted online. Talking about the placement processes nowadays we see quite a similar pattern in the recruitment of majority of companies and the selection process mostly includes-
- Aptitude Test
- Coding Round/Group Discussion
- Multiple Face To Face Interviews (including the HR Round)
Now, the mass recruiter companies such as TCS, Wipro, Capgemini, Cognizant, and Infosys conduct their screening test i.e. the aptitude test online. Now, students think that how to study for it or what topics would be covered in the test but the basic thing which they don’t pay attention towards is the time management while giving the test online. Giving the test on pen and paper and then giving it on a machine is totally two different aspects. In pen and paper based test students have every question accessible to them at all times but on machine students have to scroll through the questions and search for it which takes a lot of time. So students should prepare for it beforehand by practicing it on computer systems.
The planning for cracking the aptitude section should be somewhat like this-
- Practice Vedic math’s as much as you can as it saves time in performing big calculations.
- Attempt those questions first which you have prepared very well.
- If English is also included in the aptitude section then firstly attempt English quickly as it will fetch more marks in less time.
- Practice as much as you can on Computer Subjects.
Hence, aptitude is no such thing to be afraid of during the placement process but yes it should be paid attention because it is the screening test and if you don’t get through this then you will be out of the placement process. If the above suggestions are kept in mind then one can never fail in the aptitude test of any company. Time management is the key to success when it comes to screening tests of the mass recruiter companies.
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Must have books for Placements Preparation
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding Placements
- Placements (On-Campus, Off-Campus and Pool Campus)
- Cognizant Placement Paper | Aptitude Set 3
- Cognizant Placement Paper | Aptitude Set 4
- Cognizant Placement Paper | Aptitude Set 2
- Cognizant Placement Paper | Aptitude Set 1
- Quantitative Aptitude - Time, Work and Distance
- AMCAT Mock Paper | Logical Aptitude 1
- AMCAT Mock Paper | Verbal Aptitude 3
- AMCAT Mock Paper | Logical Aptitude 2
- AMCAT Mock Paper | Logical Aptitude 3
- AMCAT Mock Paper | Verbal Aptitude 4
- AMCAT Mock Paper | Logical Aptitude 4
- AMCAT Mock Paper | Logical Aptitude 5
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.