In syllogisms, we are given a set of conditions and we have to check whether the conclusions given after the conditions are true or not. For these type of questions, the best way is to consider all cases and draw venn diagrams. Even if we can find one venn diagram such that a conclusion gets false, that conclusion is the wrong choice.
Question 1 : All rockets are poles
Some poles are trams
Some trams are ropes
All ropes are tents
Conclusion 1 : Some tents are trams
Conclusion 2 : Some ropes are rockets
Conclusion 3 : Some trams are rockets
Conclusion 4 : Some poles are rockets
Only Conclusion 1 and Conclusion 4 are true.
Question 2 : All dials are mirrors
All mirrors are spoons
Some spoons are decks
Some decks are chairs
Conclusion 1 : Some decks are mirrors
Conclusion 2 : Some spoons are dials
Conclusion 3 : Some decks are dials
Conclusion 4 : Some chairs are spoons
Only Conclusion 2 is true.
This article has been contributed by Nishant Arora
Please write comments if you have any doubts related to the topic discussed above, or if you are facing difficulty in any question or if you would like to discuss a question other than those mentioned above.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Add and Remove Edge in Adjacency Matrix representation of a Graph
- Finding reminder of a large number
- Check if two nodes are on same path in a tree | Set 2
- Minimum count of numbers required with unit digit X that sums up to N
- Print the longest path from root to leaf in a Binary tree
- Largest number M less than N such that XOR of M and N is even
- Shortest path in a complement graph
- First element of every K sets having consecutive elements with exactly K prime factors less than N
- Puzzle | Single Elimination Tournament
- Minimum changes required to make all Array elements Prime
- Puzzle | The Circle of Lights
- Puzzle | 50 red marbles and 50 blue marbles
- Hotel Management System
- Mensuration 3D- Hollow sphere