Graphical User Interface(GUI) is a form of user interface which allows users to interact with computers through visual indicators using items such as icons, menus, windows, etc. It has advantages over the Command Line Interface(CLI) where users interact with computers by writing commands using keyboard only and whose usage is more difficult than GUI.
What is Tkinter?
Tkinter is the inbuilt python module that is used to create GUI applications. It is one of the most commonly used modules for creating GUI applications in Python as it is simple and easy to work with. You don’t need to worry about the installation of the Tkinter module separately as it comes with Python already. It gives an object-oriented interface to the Tk GUI toolkit.
Some other Python Libraries available for creating our own GUI applications are
Among all Tkinter is most widely used
Here are some common use cases for Tkinter:
- Creating windows and dialog boxes: Tkinter can be used to create windows and dialog boxes that allow users to interact with your program. These can be used to display information, gather input, or present options to the user.
- Building a GUI for a desktop application: Tkinter can be used to create the interface for a desktop application, including buttons, menus, and other interactive elements.
- Adding a GUI to a command-line program: Tkinter can be used to add a GUI to a command-line program, making it easier for users to interact with the program and input arguments.
- Creating custom widgets: Tkinter includes a variety of built-in widgets, such as buttons, labels, and text boxes, but it also allows you to create your own custom widgets.
- Prototyping a GUI: Tkinter can be used to quickly prototype a GUI, allowing you to test and iterate on different design ideas before committing to a final implementation.
In summary, Tkinter is a useful tool for creating a wide variety of graphical user interfaces, including windows, dialog boxes, and custom widgets. It is particularly well-suited for building desktop applications and adding a GUI to command-line programs.
What are Widgets?
Widgets in Tkinter are the elements of GUI application which provides various controls (such as Labels, Buttons, ComboBoxes, CheckBoxes, MenuBars, RadioButtons and many more) to users to interact with the application. Fundamental structure of tkinter program
Basic Tkinter Widgets:
"Hello World !").pack()
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!