Tkinter supports a variety of widgets to make GUI more and more attractive and functional. The PanedWindow widget is a geometry manager widget, which can contain one or more child widgets panes. The child widgets can be resized by the user, by moving separator lines sashes using the mouse.
Syntax: PanedWindow(master, **options)
master: parent widget or main Tk() object
options: which are passed in config method or directly in the constructor
PanedWindow can be used to implement common 2-panes or 3-panes but multiple panes can be used.
Code #1:PanedWindow with only two panes
Code #2: PanedWindow with multiple panes
- Python Tkinter - Checkbutton Widget
- Python Tkinter - ListBox Widget
- Python Tkinter - Scale Widget
- Python Tkinter - Text Widget
- Python Tkinter - Canvas Widget
- Progressbar widget in Tkinter | Python
- Python Tkinter - MessageBox Widget
- Combobox Widget in tkinter | Python
- Python Tkinter - ScrolledText Widget
- Python Tkinter - Entry Widget
- Python | Menu widget in Tkinter
- Python Tkinter - Toplevel Widget
- Python Tkinter - Menubutton Widget
- Python Tkinter - Frame Widget
- Creating Tabbed Widget With Python-Tkinter
- Python Tkinter - Validating Entry Widget
- Tkinter - Read only Entry Widget
- Create Find and Replace features in Tkinter Text Widget
- Tkinter | Adding style to the input text using ttk.Entry widget
- Python | Scrollview widget in kivy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.