Python Tkinter – Scale Widget
Tkinter is a GUI toolkit used in python to make user-friendly GUIs.Tkinter is the most commonly used and the most basic GUI framework available in python. Tkinter uses an object-oriented approach to make GUIs.
Note: For more information, refer to Python GUI – tkinter
The Scale widget is used whenever we want to select a specific value from a range of values. It provides a sliding bar through which we can select the values by sliding from left to right or top to bottom depending upon the orientation of our sliding bar.
S = Scale(root, bg, fg, bd, command, orient, from_, to, ..)
- root – root window.
- bg – background colour
- fg – foreground colour
- bd – border
- orient – orientation(vertical or horizontal)
- from_ – starting value
- to – ending value
- troughcolor – set colour for trough.
- state – decides if the widget will be responsive or unresponsive.
- sliderlength – decides the length of the slider.
- label – to display label in the widget.
- highlightbackground – the colour of the focus when widget is not focused.
- cursor – The cursor on the widget which could be arrow, circle, dot etc.
- set(value) – set the value for scale.
- get() – get the value of scale.
Example 1: Creating a horizontal bar
Example 2: Creating a vertical slider