Autocomplete ComboBox in Python-Tkinter
Prerequisites: Python GUI – tkinter
The Listbox widget is used to display a list of items from which a user can select a number of items. But have you ever wondered, how to return the list of possible results when a key is pressed? Let’s see the following approach towards the same.
Working of Program
- List consisting of words is initialized.
- Entry box and Listbox are created and are added to the root window.
- Bind function is used for event handling. Key release event is handled for an Entry field.
- When any key is pressed in the Entry,
checkkey() function is called.
checkkey() function then compares the entered string with existing list keywords and populates Listbox with matching keywords.
- Then this data is sent to update function which then updates the Listbox.
Below is the approach.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!