Python offers multiple options for developing a GUI (Graphical User Interface). Out of all the GUI methods, Tkinter is the most commonly used method. Python with Tkinter is the fastest and easiest way to create GUI applications. Creating a GUI using Tkinter is an easy task.
In Python3 Tkinter is come preinstalled But you can also install it by using the command:
pip install tkinter
Example: Now let’s create a simple window using tkinter
The Entry Widget
The Entry Widget is a Tkinter Widget used to Enter or dispay a single line of text.
entry = tk.Entry(parent, options)
1) parent: The Parent window or frame in which the widget to display.
Methods: The various methods provided by the entry widget are:
- get() : Returns the entry’s current text as a string.
- delete() : Deletes characters from the widget
- insert ( index, ‘name’) : Inserts string ‘name’ before the character at the given index.
- Python Tkinter - Validating Entry Widget
- Tkinter - Read only Entry Widget
- Tkinter | Adding style to the input text using ttk.Entry widget
- Python | PanedWindow Widget in Tkinter
- Python Tkinter - MessageBox Widget
- Python Tkinter - Menubutton Widget
- Python Tkinter - Frame Widget
- Python Tkinter - ScrolledText Widget
- Python Tkinter - Toplevel Widget
- Python | Menu widget in Tkinter
- Progressbar widget in Tkinter | Python
- Python Tkinter - Checkbutton Widget
- Combobox Widget in tkinter | Python
- Python Tkinter - ListBox Widget
- Python Tkinter - Scale Widget
- Python Tkinter - Text Widget
- Python Tkinter - Canvas Widget
- Creating Tabbed Widget With Python-Tkinter
- Create Find and Replace features in Tkinter Text Widget
- Python | Slider widget using .kv file
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.