Python has several options for constructing GUI and python tkinter is one of them. It is the standard GUI library for Python, which helps in making GUI applications easily. It provides an efficient object-oriented interface to the tk GUI toolkit. It also has multiple controls called widgets like text boxes, scrollbars, buttons, etc. Moreover, Tkinter has some geometry management methods namely, pack(), grid(), and, place() which are helpful in organizing widgets.
Note: For more information, refer to Python GUI – tkinter
When a scrollbar uses treeview widgets, then that type of scrollbar is called as treeview scrollbar. Where, a treeview widget is helpful in displaying more than one feature of every item listed in the tree to the right side of the tree in the form of columns. However, it can be implemented using tkinter in python with the help of some widgets and geometry management methods as supported by tkinter.
Below example illustrates the usage of Treeview Scrollbar using Python-tkinter:
In the above program, we have used pack() method of the geometry management methods. And, we have constructed only vertical scrollbar as per the requirement of the code but you can construct both the bars as per your requirements. Moreover, anchors are used here in order to define the positions of the text. However, you can also use other geometry management methods in order to construct the treeview scrollbar.
- Hierarchical treeview in Python GUI application
- Python-Tkinter Scrollbar
- How to make a proper double scrollbar frame in Tkinter
- Check whether count of odd and even factors of a number are equal
- Python - Elements frequency in Tuple Matrix
- Python - Remove Similar Rows from Tuple Matrix
- Python - Tuple Matrix Columns Summation
- Python - Extract Even elements in Nested Mixed Tuple
- Python - Add K to Minimum element in Column Tuple List
- Python - Convert Nested dictionary to Mapped Tuple
- Python - Squash consecutive values of K
- Bubble chart using Plotly in Python
- How to group Bar Charts in Python-Plotly?
- Python - Remove Equilength and Equisum Tuple Duplicates
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.