Prerequisite : Basics of Tkinter
Python offers multiple options for developing GUI (Graphical User Interface). Out of all the GUI methods, tkinter is most commonly used method. It is a standard Python interface to the Tk GUI toolkit shipped with Python. Python with tkinter outputs the fastest and easiest way to create the GUI applications.
Python provides the Tkinter toolkit to develop GUI applications. Now, it’s upto the imagination or necessity of developer, what he/she want to develop using this toolkit. Let’s try to implement a message encryption-decryption application according to the Vigenère cipher, which can encrypt the message using the key and can decrypt the encrypted hash using same key.
Modules used in the project :
- Tkinter -> GUI toolkit
- base64 -> Vigenère cipher
Below is the implementation of above idea :
Encrypt Window –
Decrypt Window –
- Python GUI - tkinter
- Python | Issue Warning Message
- Different messages in Tkinter | Python
- Python | after method in Tkinter
- RadioButton in Tkinter | Python
- Python | Binding function in Tkinter
- Python | askopenfile() function in Tkinter
- Python | asksaveasfile() function in Tkinter
- Python | pack() method in Tkinter
- resizable() method in Tkinter | Python
- Python | Add image on a Tkinter button
- Collapsible Pane in Tkinter | Python
- Python | Menu widget in Tkinter
- Python | place() method in Tkinter
- Python | grid() method in Tkinter
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.