Tkinter is a GUI toolkit used in python to make user-friendly GUIs.Tkinter is the most commonly used and the most basic GUI framework available in Python. Tkinter uses an object-oriented approach to make GUIs.
Note: For more information, refer to Python GUI – tkinter
A Toplevel widget is used to create a window on top of all other windows. The Toplevel widget is used to provide some extra information to the user and also when our program deals with more than one application. These windows are directly organized and managed by the Window Manager and do not need to have any parent window associated with them every time.
toplevel = Toplevel(root, bg, fg, bd, height, width, font, ..)
- root = root window(optional)
- bg = background colour
- fg = foreground colour
- bd = border
- height = height of the widget.
- width = width of the widget.
- font = Font type of the text.
- cursor = cursor that appears on the widget which can be an arrow, a dot etc.
- iconify turns the windows into icon.
- deiconify turns back the icon into window.
- state returns the current state of window.
- withdraw removes the window from the screen.
- title defines title for window.
- frame returns a window identifier which is system specific.
Example 2: Creating Multiple toplevels over one another
- Python Tkinter - Scale Widget
- Python Tkinter - MessageBox Widget
- Python Tkinter - ScrolledText Widget
- Combobox Widget in tkinter | Python
- Python Tkinter - Menubutton Widget
- Python | Menu widget in Tkinter
- Python Tkinter - Frame Widget
- Python Tkinter - Entry Widget
- Python Tkinter - Checkbutton Widget
- Python Tkinter - Text Widget
- Python Tkinter - ListBox Widget
- Progressbar widget in Tkinter | Python
- Python | PanedWindow Widget in Tkinter
- Python Tkinter - Canvas Widget
- Python Tkinter - Validating Entry Widget
- Creating Tabbed Widget With Python-Tkinter
- Tkinter - Read only Entry Widget
- Create Find and Replace features in Tkinter Text Widget
- Tkinter | Adding style to the input text using ttk.Entry widget
- Python | Checkbox widget in Kivy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.