Python offers multiple options for developing GUI (Graphical User Interface). Out of all the GUI methods, tkinter is most commonly used method. It is a standard Python interface to the Tk GUI toolkit shipped with Python. Python with tkinter outputs the fastest and easiest way to create the GUI applications. Creating a GUI using tkinter is an easy task.
To create a tkinter :
- Importing the module – tkinter
- Create the main window (container)
- Add any number of widgets to the main window
- Apply the event Trigger on the widgets.
Let’s create a GUI based simple calculator using Python Tkinter module, which can perform basic arithmatic operations addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Below is the implementation :
- Python | Simple calculator using Tkinter
- Python: Age Calculator using Tkinter
- Python | Loan calculator using Tkinter
- Python | Distance-time GUI calculator using Tkinter
- Python | Simple registration form using Tkinter
- Python | Simple FLAMES game using Tkinter
- Python | Tkinter ttk.Checkbutton and comparison with simple Checkbutton
- Smart calculator in Python
- Basic calculator program using Python
- How to make calculator using kivy | Python
- Python GUI - tkinter
- Python Tkinter - SpinBox
- Python-Tkinter Scrollbar
- Python Tkinter - Label
- Python Tkinter - Message
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.