Python offers multiple options for developing GUI (Graphical User Interface). Out of all the GUI methods, tkinter is the most commonly used method. It is a standard Python interface to the Tk GUI toolkit shipped with Python. Python with tkinter is the fastest and easiest way to create the GUI applications. Creating a GUI using tkinter is an easy task.
Note: For more information, refer to Python GUI – tkinter
A frame is a rectangular region on the screen. A frame can also be used as a foundation class to implement complex widgets. It is used to organize a group of widgets.
The syntax to use the checkbutton is given below.
w = frame( master, options)
- master: This parameter is used to represents the parent window.
- options:There are many options which are available and they can be used as key-value pairs separated by commas.
Following are commonly used Option can be used with this widget :-
- bg: This option used to represent the normal background color displayed behind the label and indicator.
- bd: This option used to represent the size of the border around the indicator and the default value is 2 pixels.
- cursor: By using this option, the mouse cursor will change to that pattern when it is over the checkbutton.
- height: The vertical dimension of the new frame.
- highlightcolor: This option used to represent the color of the focus highlight when the frame has the focus.
- highlightthickness: This option used to represent the color of the focus highlight when the frame does not have focus.
- highlightbackground: This option used to represent the thickness of the focus highlight..
- relief: The type of the border of the frame. It’s default value is set to FLAT.
- width: This option used to represents the width of the checkbutton. and also represented in the number of characters that are represented in the form of texts.
- text: This option used use newlines (“\n”) to display multiple lines of text.
- Python Tkinter - ScrolledText Widget
- Python Tkinter - ListBox Widget
- Combobox Widget in tkinter | Python
- Python Tkinter - Entry Widget
- Python | PanedWindow Widget in Tkinter
- Python Tkinter - Toplevel Widget
- Python Tkinter - Checkbutton Widget
- Python | Menu widget in Tkinter
- Python Tkinter - Text Widget
- Python Tkinter - Menubutton Widget
- Python Tkinter - Scale Widget
- Progressbar widget in Tkinter | Python
- Python Tkinter - MessageBox Widget
- Python Tkinter - Canvas Widget
- Creating Tabbed Widget With Python-Tkinter
- Python Tkinter - Validating Entry Widget
- Tkinter - Read only Entry Widget
- How to make a proper double scrollbar frame in Tkinter
- Tkinter | Adding style to the input text using ttk.Entry widget
- Create Find and Replace features in Tkinter Text Widget
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.