Python uses different GUI applications that are helpful for the users while interacting with the applications they are using. There are basically three GUI(s) that python uses namely Tkinter, wxPython, and PyQt. All of these can operate with windows, Linux, and mac-OS. However, these GUI applications have many widgets i.e, controls that are helpful for the user interaction with the application. Some of the widgets are buttons, list boxes, scrollbar, treeview, etc.
Note: For more information, refer to Python GUI – tkinter
This widget is helpful in visualizing and permitting navigation over a hierarchy of items. It can display more than one feature of every item in the hierarchy. It can build tree view like user interface like in windows explorer. Therefore, here we will use Tkinter in order to construct a hierarchical treeview in Python GUI application.
Lets see an example of constructing a hierarchical treeview in Python GUI application.
In the above output, a hierarchical treeview is created. Where, GeeksforGeeks is the parent with Computer Science, GATE papers and Programming Languages as its child. And all the child have their respective attributes attached to them. At last,
move() method is called here in order to connect all the children to the parent tree.
- Python-Tkinter Treeview scrollbar
- isprintable() in Python and its application
- divmod() in Python and its application
- English dictionary application using Python
- Python String isdigit() and its application
- Python String isnumeric() and its application
- Create First GUI Application using Python-Tkinter
- Birthday Reminder Application in Python
- Python String isalpha() and its application
- Python | ToDo GUI Application using Tkinter
- Python String isspace() and its application
- Python | Create simple animation for console-based application
- ML | Hierarchical clustering (Agglomerative and Divisive clustering)
- Timer Application using PyQt5
- Python3 for GUI application | An Overview
- PyQt5 - GUI Application to get IP address
- Flask - (Creating first simple application)
- PyQt5 - Create Paint Application
- PyQt5 - Application to get the price of BitCoin
- Tkinter Application to Switch Between Different Page Frames
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.