Python uses different GUI applications that are helpful for the users while interacting with the applications they are using. There are basically three GUI(s) that python uses namely Tkinter, wxPython, and PyQt. All of these can operate with windows, Linux, and mac-OS. However, these GUI applications have many widgets i.e, controls that are helpful for the user interaction with the application. Some of the widgets are buttons, list boxes, scrollbar, treeview, etc.
Note: For more information, refer to Python GUI – tkinter
This widget is helpful in visualizing and permitting navigation over a hierarchy of items. It can display more than one feature of every item in the hierarchy. It can build tree view like user interface like in windows explorer. Therefore, here we will use Tkinter in order to construct a hierarchical treeview in Python GUI application.
Lets see an example of constructing a hierarchical treeview in Python GUI application.
In the above output, a hierarchical treeview is created. Where, GeeksforGeeks is the parent with Computer Science, GATE papers and Programming Languages as its child. And all the child have their respective attributes attached to them. At last,
move() method is called here in order to connect all the children to the parent tree.
- Python-Tkinter Treeview scrollbar
- Python | ToDo GUI Application using Tkinter
- Create First GUI Application using Python-Tkinter
- GUI chat application using Tkinter in Python
- Python | Simple GUI calculator using Tkinter
- Python - Compound Interest GUI Calculator using Tkinter
- Cryptography GUI using python
- Python | Create a GUI Marksheet using Tkinter
- Python: Weight Conversion GUI using Tkinter
- Python | GUI Calendar using Tkinter
- Create a GUI to convert CSV file into excel file using Python
- Sentiment Detector GUI using Tkinter - Python
- Python - Morse Code Translator GUI using Tkinter
- Python - SpongeBob Mocking Text Generator GUI using Tkinter
- Python - Spell Corrector GUI using Tkinter
- Python - UwU text convertor GUI using Tkinter
- GST Rate Finder GUI using Python-Tkinter
- Create GUI for Downloading Youtube Video using Python
- Create Copy-Move GUI using Tkinter in Python
- Python - English (Latin) to Hindi (Devanagiri) text convertor GUI using Tkinter
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.