Tkinter provides numerous of universal widget methods or basic widget methods which works almost with all the available widgets.
winfo_ismapped() method –
This method is used to check whether the specified widget is visible or not.
Return Value: Returns True if widget is visible (or mapped), otherwise returns False.
Exception: If widget is destroyed, then it throws error.
winfo_exists() method –
This method is used to check if the specified widget exists or not i.e if the widget is destroyed or not.
Return value: Returns True if widget exists, False otherwise.
Note: If a widget is destroyed it cannot be retrieved again.
- Python GUI - tkinter
- RadioButton in Tkinter | Python
- Python | after method in Tkinter
- Different messages in Tkinter | Python
- Python | asksaveasfile() function in Tkinter
- Python | Add style to tkinter button
- resizable() method in Tkinter | Python
- minsize() method in Tkinter | Python
- Color game using Tkinter in Python
- Python | Menu widget in Tkinter
- Python | PanedWindow Widget in Tkinter
- Progressbar widget in Tkinter | Python
- maxsize() method in Tkinter | Python
- Python | Simple calculator using Tkinter
- destroy() method in Tkinter | Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : shubham_singh