Tkinter provides numerous of universal widget methods or basic widget methods which works almost with all the available widgets.
winfo_ismapped() method –
This method is used to check whether the specified widget is visible or not.
Return Value: Returns True if widget is visible (or mapped), otherwise returns False.
Exception: If widget is destroyed, then it throws error.
winfo_exists() method –
This method is used to check if the specified widget exists or not i.e if the widget is destroyed or not.
Retrun value: Returns True if widget exists, False otherwise.
Note: If a widget is destroyed it cannot be retrieved again.
- Python GUI - tkinter
- Python | after method in Tkinter
- Different messages in Tkinter | Python
- RadioButton in Tkinter | Python
- Python | Menu widget in Tkinter
- Python | Creating a button in tkinter
- Python | Add style to tkinter button
- Python | PanedWindow Widget in Tkinter
- Python | Simple GUI calculator using Tkinter
- Python | asksaveasfile() function in Tkinter
- Python | geometry method in Tkinter
- Collapsible Pane in Tkinter | Python
- Color game using Tkinter in Python
- Python | Loan calculator using Tkinter
- Python | Add image on a Tkinter button
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.