Tkinter is a GUI (Graphical User Interface) module which comes along with the Python itself. This module is widely used to create GUI applications.
tkinter.ttk is used to create the GUI applications with the effects of modern graphics which cannot be achieved using only tkinter. Checkbutton is used to select multiple options.
Checkbuttons can be created using following snippet.
chkbtn = ttk.Checkbutton(master, option=value, ...)
Code #2: Difference between simple
Notice the difference in the appearance of both the Checkbuttons which is all due to the modern graphics. In the above Code when mouse is being hovered over the
ttk.Checkbutton you may see a blue color effect (effect may change from os from os). When we hover mouse over Simple Checkbutton you may not experience any such kind of effects.
- Python Tkinter - Checkbutton Widget
- Python | Simple calculator using Tkinter
- Python | Simple GUI calculator using Tkinter
- Python | Simple FLAMES game using Tkinter
- Python | Simple registration form using Tkinter
- Python | How to dynamically change text of Checkbutton
- Python Object Comparison : "is" vs "=="
- Python | Consecutive String Comparison
- Comparison of Python with Other Programming Languages
- Python | Excel File Comparison
- Chaining comparison operators in Python
- Comparison between Lists and Array in Python
- Python | Data Comparison and Selection in Pandas
- Python GUI - tkinter
- Python | after method in Tkinter
- Python-Tkinter Scrollbar
- Different messages in Tkinter | Python
- Python Tkinter - Label
- RadioButton in Tkinter | Python
- Python: Age Calculator using Tkinter
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.