HTML course | Building Main Content – Section 3
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important HTML concepts with the Web Design for Beginners | HTML course.
In the previous article we have seen the 3-Column layout and completed the Section 2 of the main content. The main content of the website is now almost complete. We just need to build the Section 3 of the main content. The Section 3 is shown in the below image:
If you look at the above image carefully then it can be seen that the Section 3 is almost the same as that of the Section 2 of the Website. The only difference is that it has 4 columns instead of 3 and every column has an image at the top before the title.
Let’s start writing HTML for Section 3 of our Website, follow the below steps:
- Declare a parent div with a class named row.
- Declare four div’s inside the parent row div to contain four columns and assign them id’s as column21, column22, column23 and column24 respectively.
- Download the images from given links and save them to your images folder.
- For Each Column:
- Use <img> tag to insert image for the respective column.
- Declare a div with class = “img-title”. For the title of the column.
- Declare a paragraph p element for the description of the content.
- Declare an anchor tag <a> to add an external link which will be styled as a button. We will use the same button we created in the last article. So, assign the class “button” to the anchor tag.
Below is the complete HTML code for the Section 3 of the Main Content:
On running the index.html file in the browser now, you will be able to see the content of Section 3 in a distorted order as that of Section 2 before adding CSS.
Therefore, let’s start adding styles to the classes and complete Section 3 of Main Content:
- Adding basic styles for layout: Firstly, set the overflow to hidden and add all the required margins and paddings. Next is to give the thin 1px border at the top of the section to separate it from the previous section and align all the text inside it to the center.
Add below CSS code to your style.css file:
- Aligning Columns In-line: The next step is to align all the columns in a single line one after the other. To do this, add the below CSS code to your style.css file:
- Styling the Title of columns: The next good thing to do is to style the title of the columns present just below the images. To give them appropriate font-sizes, padding color etc. apart from the default values. Add the below CSS code to your style.css file:
- Styling the images: We have added two classes for our images in the column, namely image and image-full.
The Complete CSS code for Section 3 of the Main Content of the website is given below:
With this the Section 3 of the main content is successfully completed and will now look something as shown in the below image:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge