The <abbr> tag in HTML is used to define the abbreviation or short form of an element. The <abbr> and <acronym> tags are used as shortened versions and used to represented as a series of letters. The abbreviation is used to provide useful information to the browsers, translation systems, and search-engines.
<abbr title> Short form </abbr>
Supported Browser: The browsers supported by <abbr> tag are listed below:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- HTML | <td> abbr Attribute
- HTML | DOM TableHeader abbr Property
- HTML | <th> abbr Attribute
- HTML | <abbr> title attribute
- What purpose does a <script> tag serve inside of a <noscript> tag?
- Difference between <article> tag and <section> tag
- Why <big> tag is not in HTML5 while <small> tag exists ?
- HTML | <html> Tag
- HTML | <section> Tag
- HTML | Style Tag
- HTML | <marquee> tag
- Div Tag | HTML
- HTML | <noframes> Tag
- span Tag | HTML
- HTML | <picture> Tag
- HTML | <font> Tag
- HTML 5 | <header> Tag
- HTML | <hgroup> Tag
- HTML | <q> Tag
- HTML | Object tag
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.