Python offers multiple options for developing GUI (Graphical User Interface). Out of all the GUI methods, tkinter is the most commonly used method. It is a standard Python interface to the Tk GUI toolkit shipped with Python. Python with tkinter is the fastest and easiest way to create the GUI applications. Creating a GUI using tkinter is an easy task.
Note: For more information, refer to Python GUI – tkinter
Python Tkinter – MessageBox Widget is used to display the message boxes in the python applications. This module is used to display a message using provides a number of functions.
messagebox.Function_Name(title, message [, options])
There are various parameters :
- Function_Name: This parameter is used to represents an appropriate message box function.
- title: This parameter is a string which is shown as a title of a message box.
- message: This parameter is the string to be displayed as a message on the message box.
- options: There are two options that can be used are:
- default: This option is used to specify the default button like ABORT, RETRY, or IGNORE in the message box.
- parent: This option is used to specify the window on top of which the message box is to be displayed.
There are functions or methods available in the messagebox widget.
- showinfo(): Show some relevant information to the user.
- showwarning(): Display the warning to the user.
- showerror(): Display the error message to the user.
- askquestion(): Ask question and user has to answered in yes or no.
- askokcancel(): Confirm the user’s action regarding some application activity.
- askyesno(): User can answer in yes or no for some action.
- askretrycancel(): Ask the user about doing a particular task again or not.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.