iconphoto() method is used to set the titlebar icon of any tkinter/toplevel window. But to set any image as the icon of titlebar, image should be the object of PhotoImage class.
iconphoto(self, default = False, *args)
Steps to set icon image –
from tkinter import Tk master = Tk() photo = PhotoImage(file = "Any image file") master.iconphoto(False, photo)
Set the titlebar icon for this window based on the named photo images passed through
default is True, this is applied to all future created toplevels as well. The data in the images is taken as a snapshot at the time of invocation. If the images are later changed, this is not reflected in the titlebar icons. The function also scales provided icons to an appropriate size.
Code #1: When PhotoImage is provided.
Exception: If you provide an image directly instead of PhotoImage object then it will show the following error.
Code #2: When PhotoImage object is not provided.
Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\GUI_python\geeks.py", line 14, in master.iconphoto(False, 'info.png') File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\tkinter\__init__.py", line 1910, in wm_iconphoto self.tk.call('wm', 'iconphoto', self._w, *args) _tkinter.TclError: can't use "info.png" as iconphoto: not a photo image
- Python | after method in Tkinter
- maxsize() method in Tkinter | Python
- Python | grid() method in Tkinter
- minsize() method in Tkinter | Python
- resizable() method in Tkinter | Python
- Python | geometry method in Tkinter
- destroy() method in Tkinter | Python
- Python | place() method in Tkinter
- Python | pack() method in Tkinter
- Python | forget_pack() and forget_grid() method in Tkinter
- Python Tkinter | grid_location() and grid_size() method
- Python Tkinter | Moving objects using Canvas.move() method
- Python GUI - tkinter
- Different messages in Tkinter | Python
- RadioButton in Tkinter | Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.