The Place geometry manager is the simplest of the three general geometry managers provided in Tkinter. It allows you explicitly set the position and size of a window, either in absolute terms, or relative to another window.
You can access the place manager through the
place() method which is available for all standard widgets.
It is usually not a good idea to use
place() for ordinary window and dialog layouts; its simply to much work to get things working as they should. Use the
grid() managers for such purposes.
widget.place(relx = 0.5, rely = 0.5, anchor = CENTER)
place() method can be used with
grid() method as well as with
When we use
grid() managers, then it is very easy to put two different widgets separate to each other but putting one of them inside other is a bit difficult. But this can easily be achieved by
In place() method, we can use in_ option to put one widget inside other.
Output: In below images notice that one button is placed inside the other.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | geometry method in Tkinter
- Python | after method in Tkinter
- resizable() method in Tkinter | Python
- minsize() method in Tkinter | Python
- maxsize() method in Tkinter | Python
- destroy() method in Tkinter | Python
- iconphoto() method in Tkinter | Python
- Python | forget_pack() and forget_grid() method in Tkinter
- Python Tkinter | Moving objects using Canvas.move() method
- Python | pack() method in Tkinter
- Python | grid() method in Tkinter
- Python Tkinter | grid_location() and grid_size() method
- Place_forget() method using Tkinter in Python
- numpy.place() in Python
- Python IMDbPY - Getting birth place of person
- Python - Place object in Tweepy
- Python GUI - tkinter
- Python | askopenfile() function in Tkinter
- Python | Binding function in Tkinter
- Color game using Tkinter in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.