An angle is a geometrical figure when two rays meet at a common point on a plane. These rays form the sides of the angle and the meeting point is referred as the vertex of the angle. There is something that we need to keep in mind that the plane that forms an angle doesn’t need to be a Euclidean plane. Now, in a circle, the length of an arc is a portion of the circumference. The figure explains the various parts we have discussed:
Given an angle and the diameter of a circle, we can calculate the length of the arc using the formula:
ArcLength = ( 2 * pi * radius ) * ( angle / 360 ) Where pi = 22/7, diameter = 2 * radius, angle is in degree.
Input : Diameter = 25 Angle = 45 Explanation : ((22/7) * 25) * (45/360) Output : 9.821 (rounded) Input : Diameter = 80 Angle = 60 Explanation : ((22/7) * 80) * (60/360) Output : 41.905 (rounded)
Note: If angle is greater than or equal to 360 degree, then the arc length cannot be calculated, since no angle is possible.
This article is contributed by Chinmoy Lenka. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Angle subtended by the chord when the angle subtended by another chord of same length is given
- Exterior angle of a cyclic quadrilateral when the opposite interior angle is given
- Angle between a chord and a tangent when angle in the alternate segment is given
- Length of the chord of the circle whose radius and the angle subtended at the center by the chord is given
- Angle subtended by the chord to center of the circle when the angle subtended by the another equal chord of a congruent circle is given
- Angle between two Planes in 3D
- Find other two sides of a right angle triangle
- Check if it is possible to create a polygon with a given angle
- Find if it's possible to rotate the page by an angle or not.
- Area of a largest square fit in a right angle triangle
- Program to print binary right angle triangle
- Maximum number of squares that can fit in a right angle isosceles triangle
- Program to find the Interior and Exterior Angle of a Regular Polygon
- Find a time for which angle between hour and minute hands is given theta
- Length of the chord the circle if length of the another chord which is equally inclined through the diameter is given
Improved By : jit_t