An angle is a geometrical figure when two rays meet at a common point on a plane. These rays form the sides of the angle and the meeting point is referred as the vertex of the angle. There is something that we need to keep in mind that the plane that forms an angle doesn’t need to be a Euclidean plane. Now, in a circle, the length of an arc is a portion of the circumference. The figure explains the various parts we have discussed:
Given an angle and the diameter of a circle, we can calculate the length of the arc using the formula:
ArcLength = ( 2 * pi * radius ) * ( angle / 360 ) Where pi = 22/7, diameter = 2 * radius, angle is in degree.
Input : Diameter = 25 Angle = 45 Explanation : ((22/7) * 25) * (45/360) Output : 9.821 (rounded) Input : Diameter = 80 Angle = 60 Explanation : ((22/7) * 80) * (60/360) Output : 41.905 (rounded)
Note: If angle is greater than or equal to 360 degree, then the arc length cannot be calculated, since no angle is possible.
This article is contributed by Chinmoy Lenka. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find the area of rhombus from given Angle and Side length
- Length of diagonal of a parallelogram using adjacent sides and angle between them
- Find a time for which angle between hour and minute hands is given theta
- Check if it is possible to create a polygon with a given angle
- Find other two sides of a right angle triangle
- Program to print binary right angle triangle
- Program to find the Interior and Exterior Angle of a Regular Polygon
- Angle between two Planes in 3D
- Central angle of a N sided Regular Polygon
- Length of Diagonals of a Cyclic Quadrilateral using the length of Sides.
- Length of a Diagonal of a Parallelogram using the length of Sides and the other Diagonal
- Count of distinct permutations of every possible length of given string
- Program to determine focal length of a spherical mirror
- Program for focal length of a lens
- Area of a square from diagonal length
- Find longest length number in a string
- Reduce string to shortest length by deleting a pair of same adjacent characters
- Python program to print even length words in a string
- C program to find the length of a string
- Length of the Diagonal of the Octagon
Improved By : jit_t