Given a circle having a chord and an angle subtended by chord on center of the circle. The task here is to find the measure of the angle subtended by given chord on the circumference.
Input: = 90 Output: ABC = 45.00 degrees Input: = 65 Output: ABC = 32.50 degrees
- Let AC be an chord of a circle with centre O, and let C be any point on the circumference anywhere.
- Let, angle AOC(on center) is the given .
- So angle should be on the circumference,
angle ABC = angle AOC/2
An angle at the circumference of a circle is the half angle at the centre subtended by the same chord.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
The angle is 32.5 degrees
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Angle subtended by the chord when the angle subtended by another chord of same length is given
- Angle subtended by the chord to center of the circle when the angle subtended by the another equal chord of a congruent circle is given
- Length of the chord of the circle whose radius and the angle subtended at the center by the chord is given
- Angle between a chord and a tangent when angle in the alternate segment is given
- Nth angle of a Polygon whose initial angle and per angle increment is given
- Program to calculate area of inner circle which passes through center of outer circle and touches its circumference
- Distance of chord from center when distance between center and another equal length chord is given
- Length of the chord the circle if length of the another chord which is equally inclined through the diameter is given
- Central angle of a N sided Regular Polygon
- Angle subtended by an arc at the centre of a circle
- Program to find Circumference of a Circle
- Program to find Perimeter / Circumference of Square and Rectangle
- Program for Circumference of a Parallelogram
- Exterior angle of a cyclic quadrilateral when the opposite interior angle is given
- Minimum Cost Path to visit all nodes situated at the Circumference of Circular Road
- Number of quadrilateral formed with N distinct points on circumference of Circle
- Central polygonal numbers
- Central binomial coefficient
- Area of Triangle using Side-Angle-Side (length of two sides and the included angle)
- Calculate the angle between hour hand and minute hand
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.