Tkinter is the standard GUI library for Python. Tkinter in Python comes with a lot of good widgets. Widgets are standard GUI elements, and the Listbox, Scrollbar will also come under this Widgets.
Note: For more information, refer to Python GUI – tkinter
The ListBox widget is used to display different types of items. These items must be of the same type of font and having the same font color. The items must also be of Text type. The user can select one or more items from the given list according to the requirement.
listbox = Listbox(root, bg, fg, bd, height, width, font, ..)
The scrollbar widget is used to scroll down the content. We can also create the horizontal scrollbars to the Entry widget.
The syntax to use the Scrollbar widget is given below.
w = Scrollbar(master, options)
- master: This parameter is used to represents the parent window.
- options: There are many options which are available and they can be used as key-value pairs separated by commas.
Adding Scrollbar to ListBox
To do this we need to attach the scrollbar to Listbox, and to attach we use a function
listbox.config() and set its command parameter to the scrollbar’s set method then set the scrollbar’s command parameter to point a method that would be called when the scroll bar position is changed
- Python Tkinter - ListBox Widget
- Scrollable Frames in Tkinter
- PyQt5 - Scrollable Label
- PyQt5 - Getting text of scrollable label
- Binding Function with double click with Tkinter ListBox
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Getting tool tip duration
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Setting tool tip
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Setting tool tip duration
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Retrieving tooltip text
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Setting tool tip duration to label part
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Setting tool tip to the label part
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Getting tool tip duration of the label part
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Getting tool tip text of the label part
- COVID-19 Peak Prediction using Logistic Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.