In this article we will see how we can get tool tip text of the label part of scroll label, when know we can make scrollable label with the help of inheriting a scroll class and making label in it, but when we set tool tip to the class object tooltip is set to the whole widget i.e label and the scroll bar as well. In order to add tool tip the label part only we have to override the functions of the object.
Steps for implementations –
1. Create a new class which inherits QScrollArea
2. Inside the class create vertical layout
3. Create a label and make it multi-line and add it to the layout
5. Over-ride the setText and text method for label
6. Over-ride setToolTip method to add tooltip to the label and toolTip method to get the tool tip
7. Create object of this class inside the main window class and setting text to it
8. Add tooltip to the object with the help of
9. Retrieve the tooltip text with the help of
10. Create another label to show the tooltip text
Below is the implementation
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course