Non-functional Testing is a type of Software Testing that is performed to verify the non-functional requirements of the application. It verifies whether the behavior of the system is as per the requirement or not. It tests all the aspects which are not tested in functional testing.
Non-Functional testing is a software testing technique that checks the non-functional attributes of the system. Non-functional testing is defined as a type of software testing to check non-functional aspects of a software application. It is designed to test the readiness of a system as per nonfunctional parameters which are never addressed by functional testing. Non-functional testing is as important as functional testing.
Objectives of Non-functional Testing:
The objective of non-functional testing is:
- To increase usability, efficiency, maintainability and portability of the product.
- To help in reduction of production risk related with non-functional aspects of the product.
- To help in reduction of cost related with non-functional aspects of the product.
- To optimize the installation, execution and monitoring way of the product.
- To collect and produce measurements and metrics for internal research and development.
- To improve and enhance knowledge of the product behavior and technologies in use.
Non-Functional Testing Techniques:
- Compatibility testing
- Compliance testing
- Endurance testing
- Load testing
- Performance testing
- Recovery testing
- Security testing
- Scalability testing
- Stress testing
Non-functional Testing Parameters:
- Software Engineering | Differences between Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing
- Software Engineering | Comparison between Regression Testing and Re-Testing
- Difference between Software Testing and Embedded Testing
- Software Testing | Fuzz Testing
- Acceptance Testing | Software Testing
- Stress Testing | Software Testing
- Smoke Testing | Software Testing
- Software Testing | Dynamic Testing
- Sanity Testing | Software Testing
- Software Testing | Configuration Testing
- Gray Box Testing | Software Testing
- Software Testing | Database Testing
- Software Testing | Functional Testing
- Alpha Testing | Software Testing
- Software Testing | Use Case Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.