Integration testing is the practice of checking the interface between two software components or modules. It focuses on determining the correctness of the interface. It is used to identify faults in the interaction of integrated units. Integration testing is the practice of checking the interface between two software components or modules. Below are some integration testing tools:
- Rational Integration tester
- Validada MSG
- SMART INTEGRATION TEST ACCELERATOR (SITA)
Other Integration Testing Tools:
- Spock for JAVA
Let’s start discussing each of these tools in detail.
Citrus is a Java-based test framework for automated message-based application and data format integration testing. It checks request and response data for JSON, XML, and plain text. Consider the case when the test application is hosted on the application server. This application communicates with Citrus over SOAP, HTTP, and JMS, among other message transports. Citrus simulates the request and answers messages by acting as both a client and a server in this scenario.
- It is free and open-source software released under the Apache License 2.0.
- Messages should be sent in a specific order.
- Makeup error messages.
- Validation of Message Headers
- Message sending and receiving
- Wait for a message and then send another.
- Supports message transport connectivity integration testing.
- The XML response is validated.
- Verify that the data exists.
VectorCAST is a popular unit and integration testing tool from Vector Software. Each unit or module is tested separately to ensure that individual components are performing as planned and are not dependent on one another. These components are later joined during Integration Testing to ensure that all integrated modules are working properly as a whole. Unit tests are conducted as discrete components, and integration tests are a collection of unit tests that are combined into a logical module and then executed as a group, according to Vector’s tools.
- Developers who use the C or C++ programming languages to create embedded software use the VectorCAST/C++ tool.
- It is used to automate unit and integration testing and to expedite the test workflow.
- VectorCAST/C++ is a powerful unit and integration testing solution.
- It certifies embedded systems that are both safe and commercial vital.
- VectorCAST/test C++’s solution is widely utilized in the financial industry, medical devices, industrial controllers, and railways.
For more than 40 years, LDRA has been the market leader in software quality tools. These programs automate code analysis for mission-critical applications. LDRA provides integration testing tools that are used to verify compliance standards for various organizations. LDRA is an open platform that allows integration tests to be built using the LDRA tool suite, as well as static and dynamic analysis across several platforms.
LDRA’s integration tools include-
- TBrun: TBrun allows you to perform automated unit and integration testing.
- LDRAunit is a stand-alone tool that provides a fully integrated unit testing environment.
- Unit and integration tests may be simply created and conducted with the help of tools.
- The tool aids in providing a variety of support so that unit and integration testing can take place in a common environment across a variety of projects.
- The tool is both affordable and adaptable to the needs of a team.
4. Rational Integration Tester
It was once known as a Green hat, but IBM acquired it and renamed it a rational integration tester. It provides a script-free environment for building and testing business process integration projects and SOA messaging tests. It’s part of a logical test workbench. This solution provides clients with cost-effective test environments, allowing them to test applications early in the development process. One can avoid integration challenges by adopting an iterative and agile development process with the help of this technology.
- Users will be able to do integration, functional, and regression testing with it.
- If some modules are missing but the testing must go on, code and reusable stubs are generated.
- It will facilitate recording by uploading and exporting data from the rational integration tester to the rational test control panel.
- One can then create tests based on the requirements and develop virtual services to eliminate the test requirements.
- It’s utilized in the software development life cycle for continuous integration.
It is a fully integrated standalone solution that is ideal for working with business stakeholders. FitNesse is an open-source project, and neither the company nor any individual owns the codebase. Because FitNesse is an open-source technology, there is a lot of knowledge contributed by the FitNesse community.FitNesse is a free, open-source acceptability testing tool. Acceptance testing, also known as functional testing or black-box testing, is a type of testing that involves putting a product through its paces. It was once used to assess whether or not the system met the business needs. It checks that the software meets the end user’s expectations. No organization owns the source code for an open-source project. The FitNesse community, however, offered information on this testing tool.
- It is a free and open-source fitness program.
- It doesn’t need to be installed separately; simply download the java jar file and it’s ready to use.
- It supports a number of languages, including Java, C#, and Python.
- It allows you to validate requirements with actual software implementation for any software project.
It is a crucial tool for integration testing, as it is used to carry out both integration and unit testing on embedded software. It will be responsible for the entire test organization, including requirements, traceability, test management, and coverage measurement. TESSY assists us in determining an application’s code coverage. We can create test cases with the aid of CTE (classification of tree editor). We can also use TDE to alter the test data (test data Editor).
- It has the ability to apply for a floating license.
- TESSY’s TIE (Test interface Editor), TDE (Test Data Editor), and workspace are the three main features.
- It is used to assess the function’s interface and specify the variables that the function uses.
- The programming languages C++ and C are supported by TESSY.
- It generates a test report based on the test execution results.
- One may run the instance of our application with the help of Protractor.
- It’s a tool for performing integration testing.
- It runs the tests from the end-perspective. user’s
- It’s where the end-to-end test is written.
- It’s a programming language that’s used to create dynamic web apps.
Another notable tool from Vector Software is VectorCAST/Ada, which is used by developers to create projects in the Ada programming language. It also offers an automated test solution for unit and integration testing, which is used to verify safety and critical embedded systems. Unit testing can be done locally or via a target simulator with VectoCAST/Ada. A code is generated after each component or module is formed. Stubs are used in the function that is called by the code that is being tested, and drivers are used to simulating the functionalities of the code that is being tested.
- It can be used in conjunction with a variety of other applications, including IBM Rational and Green Hills.
- The code generator in VectorCAST/Ada generates stubs and drivers automatically.
- Regression testing is automated using existing test cases.
- The decision path technique is used to create automated test cases.
- Code complexity analysis can be used to identify high-risk code.
9. Validada MSG
Validata Message Testing (MSG) is an automated testing framework that is used for SWIFT, SOA, ATM, and Generic Interface testing. Validata MSG seeks to make the integration testing phase easier and less time-consuming. End-to-end scenarios can be built and tested at various levels using Validata MSG. It was also used to ensure data content, as well as the application’s sending and receiving behavior.
- Validata MSG mimics real-life business scenarios
- It’s compatible with HP ALM.
- Due to the reusability of situations, it is cost-effective.
- There is a huge gain in testing efficiency and productivity with the help of reusability.
- Reusability contributes to lower total costs.
10. Smart Integration Test Accelerator (SITA)
Now a day’s many organizations are adopting business-oriented architecture. The typical bottom-up approach to integration testing necessitates a significant amount of effort to generate test data. The Smart Integration Test Accelerator (SITA) from Wipro can help you overcome these obstacles. This tool aids in the generation of Test Data and Test Design in a more efficient manner.
- Data from tests and actions related to testing design are automated.
- Many more essential business scenarios are covered by automated test data, which decreases faults in production or UAT.
- Due to the reusability of Test Data and Test Cases, it is cost-effective.
- This tool can be used in conjunction with other software such as IBM Rational, HP ALM, and others.
Other Integration Testing Tools:
A system to automate several test types, including Unit, Functional, Integration, Regression, Smoke, and Sanity tests for any web-based application was created by eZScript. eZScript improves test authoring with the aid of Business Process Testing (BPT). It may test a single application across many test environments using a centralised code or data repository.
4. Spock for JAVA:
For Java and Groovy applications, there is a testing framework called Spock. It works with a variety of IDEs and continuous integration servers. Easy-to-write and interpret tests are made possible with Spock. The simultaneous execution of assertion testing and mocking is one of its fascinating characteristics.
Pioneerjs makes integration test scripting and debugging simple while also saving a tonne of time. Maintaining a legible code base for both programmers is possible using Pioneer.
There are many different integration testing tools on the market, and their popularity depends on things like how simple they are to use, how much a license costs, which languages they support, how they present their reports, etc.
Master Software Testing and Automation in an efficient and time-bound manner by mentors with real-time industry experience. Join our Software Automation Course
and embark on an exciting journey, mastering the skill set with ease!
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Software Automation program
- Expert Guidance for Efficient Learning
- Hands-on Experience with Real-world Projects
- Proven Track Record with 10,000+ Successful Geeks