Software Testing | Load Testing
Load Testing is a type of Performance Testing which determines the performance of a system, software product or software application under real life based load conditions. Basically load testing determines the behavior of the application when multiple users use it at the same time. It is the response of the system measured under varying load conditions. The load testing is carried out for normal and extreme load conditions.
Objectives of Load Testing:
The objective of load testing is:
- To maximize the operating capacity of a software application.
- To determine whether the latest infrastructure is capable to run the software application or not.
- To determine the sustainability of application with respect to extreme user load.
- To find out the total count of users that can access the application at the same time.
- To determine scalability of the application.
- To allow more users to access the application.
Load Testing Process:
- Test Environment Setup:
Firstly create a dedicated test environment setup for performing the load testing. It ensures that testing would be done in a proper way.
- Load Test Scenario:
In second step load test scenarios are created. Then load testing transactions are determined for an application
and data is prepared for each transaction.
- Test Scenario Execution:
Load test scenarios that were created in previous step are know executed. Different measurements and metrices are gathered to collect the information.
- Test Result Analysis:
Results of the testing performed is analyzed and various recommendations are made.
If the test is failed then the test is performed again in order to get the result in correct way.
Load Testing Tools:
1. Apache Jmeter 2. WebLoad 3. NeoLoad 4. LoadNinja 5. HP Performance Tester 6. LoadUI Pro 7. LoadView
Advantages of Load Testing:
- Load testing enhances the sustainability of the system or software application.
- It improves the scalability of the system or software application.
- It helps in the minimization of the risks related to system downtime.
- It reduces the costs of failure of the system.
- It increases customer’s satisfaction.
Disadvantages of Load Testing:
- To perform load testing there in need of programming knowledge.
- Load testing tools can be costly.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.