Active Testing is a type of software testing in which the tester introduces test data and does the result analysis.
During the performance of active testing, tester constructs a virtual model of the software under test which continues to grow and refine as interaction with the software continues.
In this type of testing tester himself interacts with the software and checks which type of problems may be generated.
Objective of Active Testing:
The objective of active testing is:
- To validate the quality of the software.
- To verify the quality of the software.
- To match the software with users requirements.
- To make the software standard.
- To check the behavior of the software while used by user.
- To detect the issues and defects in the software which can affect functioning of the software.
- To run usability tests rapidly.
Active Testing Process:
Following is description about how active testing is performed.
Test Data Generation:
To perform the active testing in a proper manner, firstly a set of input data is created by the tester. Tester make sure on the following data that is created, there might be some problem in the software.
Test Case Generation:
After the generation of set of test data, different test cases related with it is created by the tester. This contains various combinations of the set of data on which the software behavior may change. This is created according to various user convenience and tester expect that such type of data may be given as input by the end user.
Test Case Execution:
After the successful creation of test data and test cases, further the execution process is performed and the tester gives the test cases to the software to process. This phase is the main phase of testing process as in this phase software’s actual behavior on specific input is observed.
Analysis of result:
After the successful execution of the test cases the tester analyzes the actual behavior of the system under specific test cases and decides whether the software is as per end user requirements.
Active Testing Techniques:
There are two techniques used to perform the active testing. These are:
In this technique, test cases are generated on the basis of the users requirements to validate the correctness of the software.
In this technique, test cases are derived from the program of a software on the basis of the testing criteria.
Advantages of Active Testing:
The advantages of active testing are:
- It helps in solving the defects rapidly.
- It makes the software to work efficiently.
- It validates and verifies the correctness of the software.
Master Software Testing and Automation in an efficient and time-bound manner by mentors with real-time industry experience. Join our Software Automation Course
and embark on an exciting journey, mastering the skill set with ease!
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Software Automation program
- Expert Guidance for Efficient Learning
- Hands-on Experience with Real-world Projects
- Proven Track Record with 10,000+ Successful Geeks