Prerequisite – Types of Software Testing
Performance Testing is a type of software testing that ensures software applications to perform properly under their expected workload. It is a testing technique carried out to determine system performance in terms of sensitivity, reactivity and stability under a particular workload.
Performance Testing is the process of analyzing the quality and capability of a product. It is a testing method performed to determine the system performance in terms of speed, reliability and stability under varying workload. Performance testing is also known as Perf Testing.
Performance Testing Attributes:
It determines whether the software product responds rapidly.
It determines amount of load the software product can handle at a time.
It determines whether the software product is stable in case of varying workloads.
It determines whether the software product is secure or not.
Objective of Performance Testing:
- The objective of performance testing is to eliminate performance congestion.
- It uncovers what is needed to be improved before the product is launched in market.
- The objective of performance testing is to make software rapid.
- The objective of performance testing is to make software stable and reliable.
Types of Performance Testing:
- Load testing:
It checks the product’s ability to perform under anticipated user loads. The objective is to identify performance congestion before the software product is launched in market.
- Stress testing:
It involves testing a product under extreme workloads to see whether it handles high traffic or not. The objective is to identify the breaking point of a software product.
- Endurance testing:
It is performed to ensure the software can handle the expected load over a long period of time.
- Spike testing:
It tests the product’s reaction to sudden large spikes in the load generated by users.
- Volume testing:
In volume testing large number of data is saved in a database and the overall software system’s behavior is observed. The objective is to check product’s performance under varying database volumes.
- Scalability testing:
In scalability testing, software application’s effectiveness is determined in scaling up to support an increase in user load. It helps in planning capacity addition to your software system.
Performance Testing Process:
Performance Testing Tools:
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Software Engineering | Differences between Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing
- Load Testing Basics, Tools & Practices in Software Testing
- Software Engineering | Comparison between Regression Testing and Re-Testing
- Difference between Performance and Stress Testing
- Object Oriented Testing in Software Testing
- Basis Path Testing in Software Testing
- Difference between Software Testing and Embedded Testing
- Software Testing | Non-functional Testing
- Software Testing | Globalization Testing
- Software Testing | Fuzz Testing
- Software Testing | Spike Testing
- Pilot Testing in Software Testing
- Software Testing | Database Testing
- Software Testing | Scenario Testing
- Software Testing | Functional Testing
- Software Testing | Reliability Testing
- Software Testing | Scalability Testing
- Beta Testing | Software Testing
- Software Testing | Mutation Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.