As we know Pandas is all-time great tools for data analysis. One of the most important data type is dataframe. It is a 2-dimensional labeled data structure with columns of potentially different types. It is generally the most commonly used pandas object.
Pandas DataFrame can be created in multiple ways. Let’s discuss how to create Pandas dataframe using dictionary of ndarray (or lists).
Let’s try to understand it better with few examples.
Category Marks 0 Array 20 1 Stack 21 2 Queue 19
Note: To create DataFrame from dict of narray/list, all the narray must be of same length. If index is passed then the length index should be equal to the length of arrays. If no index is passed, then by default, index will be range(n) where n is the array length.
0 1 2 Category Array Stack Queue Student_1 20 21 19 Student_2 15 20 14
Code #3: Providing index list to dataframe
Area Student_1 Student_2 Cat_1 Array 20 15 Cat_2 Stack 21 20 Cat_3 Queue 19 14
- Difference between dict.items() and dict.iteritems() in Python
- Python | Create a Pandas Dataframe from a dict of equal length lists
- Python | Convert a list of lists into tree-like dict
- enchant.Dict() in Python
- Python | Creating a Pandas dataframe column based on a given condition
- Creating a dataframe using Excel files
- Creating a Pandas dataframe using list of tuples
- Creating a Pandas DataFrame
- Creating views on Pandas DataFrame
- Creating views on Pandas DataFrame | Set - 2
- Creating a dataframe from Pandas series
- Creating Pandas dataframe using list of lists
- Creating a dataframe using CSV files
- Python | Pandas DataFrame.fillna() to replace Null values in dataframe
- Pandas Dataframe.to_numpy() - Convert dataframe to Numpy array
- Convert given Pandas series into a dataframe with its index as another column on the dataframe
- Creating and updating PowerPoint Presentations in Python using python - pptx
- Creating a Proxy Webserver in Python | Set 1
- Creating a Proxy Webserver in Python | Set 2
- Creating a sorted merged list of two unsorted lists in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.