Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, linux and Windows etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
In this we are going to create a simple drawing App withe the help of kivy initially we are just making a canvas and a paint brush so that by moving the cursour you can just feel like a drawing Application.
In this, the widgets are added dynamically. If widgets are to be added dynamically, at run-time, depending on user interaction, they can only be added in the Python file.
We are using widgets, layout, random to make it good.
Now Basic Approach of the App: 1) import kivy 2) import kivy App 3) import Relativelayout 4) import widget 5) set minimum version(optional) 6) Create widget class as needed 7) Create Layout class 8) create the App class 9) create .kv file 10) return the widget/layout etc class 11) Run an instance of the class
Implementation of the Code:
# .py file:
# .ky file:
- Python | Make a simple window using kivy
- Flask - (Creating first simple application)
- Creating a simple machine learning model
- Python | Drawing different shapes on PyGame window
- Python| AnchorLayout in Kivy
- Python | Bubble in kivy
- Python | PageLayout in Kivy
- Python | Animation in Kivy
- Python | StackLayout in Kivy
- Python | Accordion in kivy
- Python | Kivy .kv File
- Python | Scatter in kivy
- Python | Canvas in kivy
- GridLayouts in Kivy | Python
- Python | Carousel Widget In Kivy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.