Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, linux and Windows etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
A dop-down list can be used with custom widgets. It allows you to display a list of widgets under a displayed widget. Unlike other toolkits, the list of widgets can contain any type of widget: simple buttons, images etc.
The positioning of the drop-down list is fully automatic: we will always try to place the dropdown list in a way that the user can select an item in the list.
Some important points to keep in mind while making a drop-down list:
To work with this widget you must have to import:
from kivy.uix.dropdown import DropDown
Basic Approach: 1) import kivy 2) import kivy App 3) import dropdown list 4) import button 5) set minimum version(optional) 6) import runTouchApp 7) Create dropdown 8) create runtouchApp method which takes widget as an argument to run the App
Implementation of the Approach –
- Python | Drop-down list in kivy using .kv file
- GridLayouts in Kivy | Python
- Python | Animation in Kivy
- Python | Scatter in kivy
- Python | Bubble in kivy
- Python | Accordion in kivy
- Python | PageLayout in Kivy
- Python | Canvas in kivy
- Python| AnchorLayout in Kivy
- Python | RecycleView in Kivy
- Python | Kivy .kv File
- Python | StackLayout in Kivy
- Python | Tabbed panel in kivy
- Python | File chooser in kivy
- Python | Accordion in kivy using .kv file
- Python | Progress Bar widget in kivy
- Python | Textinput widget in kivy
- Python | Set Background Template in kivy
- Python | Scrollview widget in kivy
- Python | Carousel Widget In Kivy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.