The <th> tag in HTML is used to set the header cell of a table. Two type of cell in HTML table.
- Header Cell: It is used to hold the header information.
- Standard Cell: It is used to hold the body of data.
The working of both tags (<th> and <td>) are same but the text properties are different. In <th> text is bold and centered, and in <td> text is regular and left align by default.
<th> Contents... </th>
Attributes: There are many attributes supported by HTML4.1 but removed from HTML5 are listed below:
- abbr: This attribute is used as abbreviated version of the text content in a header cell.
- align: Set the alignment the text content.
- axis: Categorizes header cells.
- bgcolor: Set the background color of a header cell.
- char: Aligns the content in a header cell to a character.
- charoff: It is used to sets the number of characters that will be aligned from the character specified by the char attribute. The value of this attributes are in numeric form.
- colspan: Number of columns a header cell should span.
- headers: Specifies one or more header cells a cell is related to.
- height: Set the height of a header cell.
- nowrap: It specifies that the content inside a header cell should not wrap.
- rowspan: Set the number of rows a header cell should span.
- scope: It is used to specify the score of header content.
- sorted: It is used to sort the direction of a column.
- valign It is used to set the vertically alignment of text content.
- width: It is used to set the width of a header cell
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by <th> tag are listed below:
- Google Chrome
- What purpose does a <script> tag serve inside of a <noscript> tag?
- Difference between <article> tag and <section> tag
- Why <big> tag is not in HTML5 while <small> tag exists ?
- HTML | <html> Tag
- HTML | <section> Tag
- HTML | Style Tag
- HTML | <marquee> tag
- Div Tag | HTML
- HTML | <noframes> Tag
- span Tag | HTML
- HTML | <picture> Tag
- HTML | <font> Tag
- HTML 5 | <header> Tag
- HTML | <hgroup> Tag
- HTML | <q> Tag
- HTML | Object tag
- HTML | Phrase Tag
- HTML 5 | <summary> Tag
- HTML | <hr> Tag
- HTML | <nav> Tag
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.