HTML <colgroup> Tag
This tag is used to specify the group of one or more columns in a table for formatting. It is useful for applying styles to entire columns, instead of repeating the styles for each column, and for each row. Use the <col> tag within the <colgroup> tag to define different properties to a column within a <colgroup>. Most of the attributes in HTML 4.01 <colgroup> are not supported in HTML5.
<colgroup> Column lists... </colgroup>
- align: It is used to align the text or content in the group of columns. The value of the aligned property is left, right, center, justify, char.
- char: It is used to align the character in a column group and the value of these attributes is the character.
- charoff: It is used to sets the number of characters that will be aligned from the character specified by the char attribute. The value of these attributes is in numeric form.
- span: It is used to specify the number of columns that have colgroup tag. The values are in numeric form.
- valign: It specifies the vertical alignment of content in a colgroup. It’s values are the top, middle, bottom, baseline.
- width: It defines the width of a column group. It’s values are pixels, %, relative_length.
Example: The below example explains the HTML colgroup tag.
- Google Chrome 1
- Edge 12
- Internet Explorer
- Firefox 1