The <blockquote> tag in HTML is used to display the long quotations (a section that is quoted from another source). It changes the alignment to make it unique from others. It contains both opening and closing tags.
<blockquote> Contents... </blockquote>
Attribute: It contains single attribute cite which is used to specify the source of quotation.
Note: The <blockquote> tag in HTML4.1 defines the long quotation i.e. quotations that span multiple lines. But in HTML5, the <blockquote> tag specify the section that is quoted from other source.
Supported Browser: The browser supported by <blockquote> tag are listed below:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- HTML | DOM Blockquote Object
- HTML | DOM blockquote cite Property
- HTML | <blockquote> cite Attribute
- Use of blockquote, q and cite tags in HTML
- What purpose does a <script> tag serve inside of a <noscript> tag?
- Difference between <article> tag and <section> tag
- Why <big> tag is not in HTML5 while <small> tag exists ?
- HTML | <html> Tag
- HTML | <section> Tag
- HTML | Style Tag
- HTML | <marquee> tag
- Div Tag | HTML
- HTML | <noframes> Tag
- span Tag | HTML
- HTML | <picture> Tag
- HTML | <font> Tag
- HTML 5 | <header> Tag
- HTML | <hgroup> Tag
- HTML | <q> Tag
- HTML | Object tag
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.