The <embed> tag in HTML is used for embedding external application which is generally multimedia content like audio or video into an HTML document. It is used as a container for embedding plug-ins such as flash animations. This tag is a new tag in HTML 5 and it requires only starting tag.
Attributes: The <embed> tag contains four attributes which are discussed below:
- height: This attribute contains the attribute value in pixel. It is used to specify the height of the embedded content.
- src: It is used to hold the URL. It is used to specify the web address of the embedded content.
- width: The width value are set in pixels. It is used to specify the width of embedded content.
- type: It contains the media_type content. It is used to specify the media type of the embedded content.
Below programs illustrates the <embed> element in HTML:
Example 2: This example uses the width and height property with the <embed> tag.
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by <embed> tag are listed below:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- HTML Course | Structure of an HTML Document
- HTML | <html> xmlns Attribute
- HTML Course | Basics of HTML
- HTML | DOM HTML Object
- What is the difference between <html lang="en'> and <html lang="en-US'> ?
- HTML | <html> Tag
- HTML | <hr> Tag
- Div Tag | HTML
- HTML | <i> Tag
- HTML | <nav> Tag
- HTML | th Tag
- ES6 | HTML DOM
- HTML | col Tag
- HTML | br Tag
- HTML | dt Tag
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.