HTML Course | Basics of HTML
In this article, we will go through all the basic stuff required to write HTML. There are various tags that we must consider and know about while starting to code in HTML. These tags help in organization and basic formatting of elements in our script or web pages. These step by step procedures will guide you through the process of writing HTML.
These tags help us to write paragraph statements in a webpage. They start with the <p> tag and ends with </p>. Here the <br> tag is used to break line and acts as a carriage return. <br> is an empty tag.
HTML Horizontal Lines
The <hr> tag is used to break the page into various parts, creating horizontal margins with help of a horizontal line running from left to right hand side of the page. This is also an empty tag and doesn’t take any additional statements.
The image tag is used to insert an image into our web page. The source of the image to be inserted is put inside the <img src=”source_of_image“> tag.
HTML – Attributes
An attribute is used to provide extra or additional information about an element.
- All HTML elements can have attributes. Attributes provide additional information about an element.
- It takes two parameters : a name and a value. These define the properties of the element and is placed inside the opening tag of the element. The name parameter takes the name of the property we would like to assign to the element and the value takes the properties value or extent of the property names that can be aligned over the element.
- Every name has some value that must be written within quotes.
HTML – Comments
It is used for inserting comments in the HTML code. Using comments, specially in complex code, is the best practice of coding so that coder and reader can get help for understanding.
- It is simply piece of code which is wiped off by web browsers i.e, not displayed by browser.
- It gives help to coder / reader of code to identify piece of code specially in complex source code.
Syntax of HTML Comments :
HTML – Lists
What is a list?
A list is a record of short pieces of information, such as people’s names, usually written or printed with a single thing on each line and ordered in a way that makes a particular thing easy to find.
- A shopping list
- To-do list
Lists in HTML
HTML offers three ways for specifying lists of information. All lists must contain one or more list
The types of lists that can be used in HTML are :
- ul : An unordered list. This will list items using plain bullets.
- ol : An ordered list. This will use different schemes of numbers to list your items.
- dl : A definition list. This arranges your items in the same way as they are arranged in a dictionary.
For More on HTML, Please refer: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/html-tutorials/
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge