Front End Testing:
Front End Testing is a type of testing that tests the presentation layer of a 3 tier architecture in a web application. Basically front end testing is performed on the user interface (UI) that is also known as presentation layer in 3 tier architecture.
Back End Testing:
Back end testing is a type of testing that tests the application layer and database layer of a 3 tier architecture in a web application. Basically back end testing is performed on the application user interface (AUI) and database.
Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing:
|Front End Testing||Back End Testing|
|Front end testing is basically performed on the user interface (UI).||Back end testing is performed on database and application user interface (AUI).|
|In front end testing, GUI is required.||In back end testing, GUI is not required.|
|Knowledge about requirements is required.||Knowledge about database is required.|
|Front end checks the overall functionality of the application.||Back end testing checks for deadlock, data corruption or data loss.|
|Any information is not stored in the database.||Information is stored in the database.|
|Knowledge about the automation frameworks tools is required.||Knowledge about Structured Query Language (SQL) concepts is required.|
|Example: 1. Unit Testing 2. Acceptance Testing||Example: 1. SQL Testing 2. API Testing|
- Difference between System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Difference between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- Difference between Active Testing and Passive Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Volume Testing and Load Testing
- Difference between Agile Testing and Waterfall Testing
- Difference between Stress Testing and Volume Testing
- Difference between Load Testing and Stress Testing
- Difference between System Testing and End-to-end Testing
- Software Engineering | Differences between Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.