Volume Testing is a type of software testing that is performed to test the performance or behavior of the system or application under the huge amount of data. Volume testing is also called flood testing and it is a type of performance testing.
Load Testing is a type of software testing that is performed to test the performance or behavior of the system under the expected load of real world. Load testing is also a type of performance testing.
Difference between Volume Testing and Load Testing:
|Volume Testing||Load Testing|
|Volume testing is a software testing performed to test the system under huge data load.||Load testing is a software testing performed to test the performance of the system under real life load.|
|Data loss is tested during volume testing.||Data loss is not tested during load testing.|
|In volume testing, load is huge volume of data.||In load testing, load is customers’s expectations based.|
|Volume testing is used to measure the throughput of the system.||Load testing is used to measure the performance of the system.|
|Volume testing makes the system capable of real world use.||Load testing makes the system capable according to end users.|
|Volume testing saves maintenance cost.||Load testing doesn’t save maintenance cost.|
|Volume testing checks system’s response time.||Load testing checks system’s performance.|
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Difference between Load Testing and Stress Testing
- Difference between Stress Testing and Volume Testing
- Software Testing | Load Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Agile Testing and Waterfall Testing
- Difference between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Volume Testing
- Software Engineering | Differences between Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing
- Software Engineering | Comparison between Regression Testing and Re-Testing
- Differences between White Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.