Performance Testing is a type of software testing that is carried out to determine system performance in terms of sensitivity, reactivity and stability under a particular workload.
Load Testing is a type of software testing which determines the performance of a system, software product or software application under real life based load conditions.
Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing:
|Performance Testing||Load Testing|
|Performance testing is the process of determining the system’s performance that includes speed, reliability under varying load .||Load testing is the process of determination of behavior of system when multiple users access it at the same time.|
|In performance the load on which system is tested is normal.||In load testing peak load is used for testing.|
|It checks the behavior of the system under normal load.||It checks the behavior of the system under extreme load.|
|In performance testing, limit of load is both below and above the threshold of a break.||In load testing, limit of load is the threshold of a break.|
|It validates that the performance of system is proper.||It determines the operating capacity of the system or software application.|
|Speed, scalability, stability and reliability are tested during performance testing.||Only sustainability of the system is tested during load testing.|
|Performance testing tools are less costly.||Load testing tools are high costly.|
- Difference between Performance and Stress Testing
- Software Testing | Load Testing
- Performance Testing | Software Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Software Engineering | Differences between Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing
- Software Engineering | Comparison between Regression Testing and Re-Testing
- Differences between White Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- Differences between Black Box Testing vs White Box Testing
- Graphical User Interface Testing (GUI) Testing
- Software Testing | Globalization Testing
- Software Testing | Scenario Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.